The Shawnee Mission South Athletic Hall of Fame is intended to be exclusive.
To be considered for the Hall of Fame a former student, coach, or deserving individual must meet the following criteria:
1. Nominated athletes must be a graduate of Shawnee Mission South High School and have been out of high school a minimum of five years.
2. Nominated coaches must be a current or past coach at Shawnee Mission South High School.
3. Nominated individuals must have given meritorious service to the athletic program.
4. Nominees must have exemplified the qualities of good character, citizenship and personal integrity, both while as a student at Shawnee Mission High School and throughout his or her life.
Selection Criteria Consideration
The following criteria will be considered in the selection for induction:
- The athlete's record while attending Shawnee Mission South High School, with stress placed on athletic versatility with excellence - "The Best of the Best";
- Athletic Achievements at Shawnee Mission South High School (e.g., All-State, All-Metro, All-Conference, etc.)
Coach or Deserving Individual:
- Team Records or Accomplishments;
- Coaching Records or Accomplishments; and
- Qualifying outstanding and distinguished service to Shawnee Mission South High School community as determined by the Athletic Hall of Fame selection committee.
Please complete the linked nomination form along with a narrative for the nomination. Send them to the Shawnee Mission South Athletic Director, Mark Mahoney at email@example.com, or mail them to Shawnee Mission South High School, 5800 West 107th Street, Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66207
Questions, please call 913-993-7500.