High school students planning to pursue athletics and athletic scholarships at the collegiate level must be aware of academic and other eligibility requirements. This page is intended to provide links to various resources to help students plan. NCAA eligibility guidelines change often. It is the responsibility of the student athlete to ensure that they are meeting NCAA/NAIA eligibility requirements.
Even though it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that NCAA/NAIA eligibility requirements are being met, student athletes that plan to play college athletics or are being recruited by colleges for athletics are advised to let their counselor and the Athletic Director know of these intentions.
This page is not comprehensive and students are always encouraged to communicate with academic and athletic advisors at the colleges they are interested in attending, to obtain accurate and complete information and requirements pertaining to those specific schools.
Make sure you officially register with the NCAA and/or NAIA Eligibility Centers during your sophomore year if you are interested in playing college sports.
NAIA Eligibility Requires the Student Athlete to:
- Graduate from an accredited high school or be accepted as a regular student in good standing AND
- Meet two of three requirements
- Test Score- Minimum score of: ACT- 18 or SAT- 860 (Critical Reading and Math sections only)
- High School GPA– Minimum overall high school GPA of 2.0 on 4.0 scale
- Class Rank– Top 50% of high school graduating class
Shawnee Mission South NCAA Approved Courses
Click to to find out which SMS courses are NCAA approved. The NCAA high school code for SMS is 172772.